Action Figure Blues Forum
April 16, 2024, 02:12:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Blackest Night - Updated with Wave Three

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Blackest Night - Updated with Wave Three  (Read 4371 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 04:46:11 pm »

I need a lesson on getting the babies in the cage. I gave up.  Tongue

Well, first you have to put something sweet in the cage, babies go wild with the scent... Then they get in the cage, then you close the trap door and that's about it... Maybe an image can help...

There, is that better?

(That's what you were talking about right?)

For a guy who's typing in his second language, you do pretty good funny!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Freak Studio
Advisor
Online Exclusive

QC: 188

"The Avenging Blue Idiot"

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 06:13:35 pm »

That's karma for you, in my own language I'm really really boring...  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 07:16:39 pm »

That's karma for you, in my own language I'm really really boring...  Grin

Haha!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2010, 08:24:46 pm »

Oh c'mon....telling your future Grandmother-in-law that her granddaughter is your concubine has gotta be funny in any language.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2010, 10:59:25 pm »

the way i got the cage to work is i stuck something in the hinges and wiggled it till they got lose  carefully then i stuck the babies in and worked on closing it . then switched one baby is in the thing and the other is in her hand. and so far she has not knocked taken a fall off my shelve and taken any with her.but mostly i carefully worked with getting the cage off . for you have to work trying to get the pegs to losen it takes time and patients. and carefully work. though selling a character who puts babies in a cage is a little creepy.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 03:17:14 am »

the way i got the cage to work is i stuck something in the hinges and wiggled it till they got lose  carefully then i stuck the babies in and worked on closing it . then switched one baby is in the thing and the other is in her hand. and so far she has not knocked taken a fall off my shelve and taken any with her.but mostly i carefully worked with getting the cage off . for you have to work trying to get the pegs to losen it takes time and patients. and carefully work. though selling a character who puts babies in a cage is a little creepy.

I was thinking the same thing....but I still bought one!
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 11:01:43 pm »

i bought one two even though i was thinking what were the execs at DCDirect thinking when they okayed making her espically being able to put her babies in a cage . that is a little creepy and twisted for a toy. though if one wants too surely one can find other things to put in the cage. like the skull that came with killer croc or the brain with Braniac in the Alex Ross Justice line. from dcdirect killer croc from DC direct who is as bulky as Krybe
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 06:21:57 am »

Wave Three is in - some pleasing results, and one not-so pleasing.......

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/03/blackest-night-makes-brighter-day-for.html
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 06:26:00 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

ryanlb
Limited Edition

QC: 30

My life is so much more interesting inside my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2010, 05:48:30 pm »

Interesting to hear your thoughts.  As I mention in the comments of the post, I've read more than once of people being pleased that Arisia's skin isn't painted.  I haven't looked at mine enough to care yet.  

I'm ready for the next wave though, Firestorm and Wonder Woman are the two I've been most looking forward to, up until the Star Sapphire Wonder Woman wave.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 07:55:43 pm »

Interesting to hear your thoughts.  As I mention in the comments of the post, I've read more than once of people being pleased that Arisia's skin isn't painted.  I haven't looked at mine enough to care yet.  

To me, it makes it look cheap. The edges between the hair and skin are fuzzy. It's not a great noggin.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 08:23:26 pm »

To me, it makes it look cheap. The edges between the hair and skin are fuzzy. It's not a great noggin.

I only bought her because I figured it'd be a while until we see her in DCUC. I'm not happy with the scale but then I'll pretend Hal likes his wimmen big.
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2010, 12:40:20 am »

at least fans can be happy that Arisia  got made. after so long.  Star Sapphire looks like they used an old  female mold and repainted it. aqua zombie passed. Larfleeze  looks creepier and more nasty then Krybe though having glomulus be able to have its parts move. is as creepy as the babies with Kryb. for that thing looks like a mutated frog .
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2010, 07:24:44 pm »

at least fans can be happy that Arisia  got made. after so long.  Star Sapphire looks like they used an old  female mold and repainted it. aqua zombie passed. Larfleeze  looks creepier and more nasty then Krybe though having glomulus be able to have its parts move. is as creepy as the babies with Kryb. for that thing looks like a mutated frog .

I think Andy mentioned that Star Sapphire is a repaint of the Green Lantern series figure. At least Wonder Woman seems to be a new sculpt
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure