Action Figure Blues Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:34:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Um..... was anyone watching the Watchmen?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Um..... was anyone watching the Watchmen?  (Read 4910 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: February 15, 2009, 09:07:32 pm »

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2009/02/um-was-anyone-watching-watchmen.html

That's the article! Anyone else thing Rorschach was a bit on the tiny side?
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

rodkeith
Variant

QC: 20

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 11:20:36 pm »

Isn't he supposed to be a little shrimpy, wearing lifts in the story?
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 11:23:41 pm »

Yep for sure, but he's on a different scale altogether. If you look at he and Nite Owl side by side they look like they come from different lines. He's still too slight, etc, don't you think?

Anyway I was just hating on him because of the weird sculpt etc. This is a character that really deserved to be done just right.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Toy Guy
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 02:11:38 am »

He and Silk Spectre look roughly the same height ... is it really her under the overcoat and pants?

I think you nailed it in the article that the originals were done a while back .... I wreckon we'll see the other faithfull versions around the same height.

The movie specific ones, are as always, in the bigger DCD Scale.

They look great and I am considering getting them with my KRudd payment! LOL - Gotta keep the Aussie economy afloat via US and China.

Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 03:36:52 am »

Hey Toy! Thanks for joining in, great to see you here!

Did I read somewhere that Hot Toys might be doing 6" Watchmen Movie Toys? Hoping so.
Report Spam   Logged

Toy Guy
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 05:36:53 am »

Its great to be here ... although it will be brief as I get ready for my road trip that starts next Tuesday. But I will be back when I can in mid March.

Maybe earlier if I can get free wifi ....

Hot Toys do some incredible stuff ... my LCS Comics etc on Elizabeth St, Brisbane, got the Bats and Joker figures - FANTASTIC, but just out of my price range at the moment ....

If anyone is in Brisbane and drops in, tell them Toy Guy sent ya and I'm sure they will say "you know him! we feel bad for you" ...
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 05:55:39 am »

Like I said elsewhere, I have been there, and we should all be jealous of TG. It's a great shop. I'm presenting at a conference up there in May and I am making sure I make time to get there during my downtime - we should have coffee!
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 08:38:49 pm »

That's the article! Anyone else thing Rorschach was a bit on the tiny side?

Too tiny for sure but the positioning of those legs really is a disaster.Wasn't planning on these myself fortunately so at least i dodged a bullet of disappointment there.
Loved the review though!
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 09:42:24 pm »

Yep, the weird stance is the killer. Glad I didn't preorder the unmasked variant on that one.

Argh. Is Hot Toys doing 1:6 Scale Watchmen stuff?
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 05:42:06 pm »

Is Hot Toys doing 1:6 Scale Watchmen stuff?

Last i heard yes but i don't think they have officially announced them yet.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Xander
Variant

QC: 8

I dig puppets...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 04:06:05 pm »

Rorschach is unfortunately the runt of the first series.  The stance is a little odd but he certainly could've used a balljoint neck to give him ever so much more character.  I do like him a little more than Silk Spectre, her mid-thigh articulation is practically useless and she falls over.    The variant Comedian came out yesterday but I haven't heard anything on him.  Think I'll just wait for the regular.

Hot Toys is supposed to be doing 1/6 versions, I'd expected an announcement sometime in the past couple weeks what with NYCC and Toyfair abound.  They might wait until after the film comes out though.  In the meantime I decided to preorder the DCD 13inch Rorschach to tide me over.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 07:04:20 pm »

Which is the variant Comedian? Didn't see him at my LCS today.

Report Spam   Logged

Xander
Variant

I dig puppets...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 09:24:16 pm »

Should be maskless and without the scar.  I was going to get both, but I can't find the flamethrower I was going to use for the younger version.  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged

JackKnight
Advisor
Online Exclusive

QC: 136

Your Friendly Neighborhood Sumbitch.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 10:00:55 pm »

The only figures I want are Rorschach, Comedian; and the original Silk Spectre so hopefully those are in scale with one another. How does Rorschach look next to the older DC Directs? Or even say Booster Gold? Is he a midget to them too or are the other two Watchmen figures just giants?
Report Spam   Logged

Trend is the Death of the Individual

Xander
Variant

I dig puppets...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 10:13:20 pm »

They fit in just fine with standard DCD, whatever that is.  Seriously they don't look half bad with 'em.  But I still kinda wish these were in the bigger AR scale.  Just so they'd go with V!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure