Action Figure Blues Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:54:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: DCUC Wave 11

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: DCUC Wave 11  (Read 2755 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:53:03 am »

Wave 11 gets the AFB once over!

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/01/enter-green-lanterns-dcuc-wave-11.html
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ryanlb
Limited Edition

QC: 30

My life is so much more interesting inside my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 12:05:11 pm »

Wave 11 is pretty darn good.  I liked 10 better for Imperiex, Power Girl, Man-Bat, Batman, and Joker, but I have been looking forward to John Stewart and Kilowog, and the others all turned out pretty good (Deadman variant = win!).  12 has some good people in them, but the Trigon wave is the one I'm really looking forward to right now.
Report Spam   Logged

chopa
Chase Figure

QC: 34

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:55:25 pm »

How was the plastic on katma Tui, I've been hearing reports of it being more solid than past females, and I still hate my Power Girls bum hip.
Report Spam   Logged
ryanlb
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 03:01:37 pm »

Um, I don't really know.  She's the least exciting to me, probably because the Harley body is just so small and puny.  her arms might be more solid but I wouldn't know without checking.  I'lll try to remember to do that tonight.  Power Girl is by far my favorite female in the lineup, she's pretty well constructed, in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »

Um, I don't really know.  She's the least exciting to me, probably because the Harley body is just so small and puny.  her arms might be more solid but I wouldn't know without checking.  I'lll try to remember to do that tonight.  Power Girl is by far my favorite female in the lineup, she's pretty well constructed, in my opinion.

I'm still not sold on that weird T-crotch they got for the wimmens. Compared to the Infinite Crisis PG she's too.....well.....solid
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 06:51:32 am »

That Kilowog really is amazing,outstanding C&C figure.Loving the question too,this wave is an interesting assortment but i reckon a strong one.How are you DCUC Collectors keeping up?It never seems to stop anymore.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 07:07:40 am »

Yep, it's a steady stream at the moment. Seeing as I am only buying a handful of DCD this year (and that's being generous) I guess it will even out.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 07:55:31 am »

Well that's fair enough,just as well considering.Not much at all this year i'm planning on myself.Mike's already got my orders for everything that has been solicited so far this year[and this year's solicits are just about done] and it ain't a great deal of stuff.
Be a good chance for me to spend up on Trades i want to buy instead.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
chopa
Chase Figure

QC: 34

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 10:17:44 am »

How are you DCUC Collectors keeping up?It never seems to stop anymore.
I survive by not being able to find most of the waves, and not being a huge DC fan.
I like GLC, New Gods, and Kammandi, and I swore off the new gods from this line due to them being in multiple different waves and have (now) 2 baf's to make.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 10:45:38 pm »

That Kilowog really is amazing,outstanding C&C figure.Loving the question too,this wave is an interesting assortment but i reckon a strong one.How are you DCUC Collectors keeping up?It never seems to stop anymore.

Since there's no more Marvel Legends and Marvel Universe sucks more than Paris on a Saturday night, DCUC is the only line I'm collecting now.
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2010, 10:39:51 pm »

i am finding the Marvel universe okay to collect mostly filling in gaps with characters i did not get the Marvel Legend figure of . plus maybe a chance to have Cloak and dagger in plastic . otherwise its just for me Dc direct and DC Classics. mixing them both. and wave eleven is the next wave i have to get for want Katmu and the Trigon wave is the one i am most looking forward too for Trigon has been on my most wanted Dc list of characters. and saw the preview and he is cool.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 01:19:42 am »

i am finding the Marvel universe okay to collect mostly filling in gaps with characters i did not get the Marvel Legend figure of . plus maybe a chance to have Cloak and dagger in plastic . otherwise its just for me Dc direct and DC Classics. mixing them both. and wave eleven is the next wave i have to get for want Katmu and the Trigon wave is the one i am most looking forward too for Trigon has been on my most wanted Dc list of characters. and saw the preview and he is cool.

Yes indeed, I am looking forward to Wave 13 too. Not Superboy though....uggghh!
Report Spam   Logged

ryanlb
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2010, 10:31:09 am »

Infidel!  We needs that Superboy, it's the most important character in the wave, as it finishes off Reign of the Supermen.  Also, I like that costume.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 03:47:19 pm »

Infidel!  We needs that Superboy, it's the most important character in the wave, as it finishes off Reign of the Supermen.  Also, I like that costume.

I'm happy to have it from a Young Justice perspective, assuming they ever get to the rest of the team.......
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 03:48:02 pm »

Negative Man is the one I'm most looking forward to tho - more Doom Patrol!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure