Action Figure Blues Forum
March 18, 2024, 08:59:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

DCUC Wave 14 - Let's talk - ** UPDATED with new Matty Pics!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DCUC Wave 14 - Let's talk - ** UPDATED with new Matty Pics!  (Read 3119 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 10:01:35 pm »

One of the Mess guys mentioned that Kamandi has a hint of the Ryan Sook version from Wednesday Comics, so I'm OK with that. I might still want to make a very Kirby version using a New Gods buck though.

That's a good idea. Lightray would be a good starter. Head might be a little big, but then Kirby's noggins were on the large side.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 10:02:43 pm »

You'd have to get rid of a fair bit of the back of his head to stick some blond locks on so it didn't look ginormous, but it might just work.
Report Spam   Logged
demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 11:04:34 pm »

cool for though ultra Humanite would work best as a C&c and Gold was right about . that wave takes off a few from my wish list. though tyre never bought the super powers one. as for Mu. good for my xmen ranks need to be replished and finaly get a shot at shadow cat. 
Report Spam   Logged
Freak Studio
Advisor
Online Exclusive

QC: 188

"The Avenging Blue Idiot"

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2010, 11:18:04 am »

Obsidian is the absolute must for me. If I buy Iron, I'm surely gonna get Gold. Alan Scott I'll have to see in person. Zatanna looks nice. Tyr I'll pass. Kamandi looks a little old. And I again really want the C&C, shit!

Does the comic purists understand that they're only getting Kamandi is because he showed up in Batman TB&TB? I'm tired of reading comments like "Comic Universe and Cartoon Universe should stay away or restricted to only cartoon toy lines", if that was the case, you wouldn't have Kamandi, or Copperhead, or so many others.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2010, 03:25:38 pm »

Obsidian is the absolute must for me. If I buy Iron, I'm surely gonna get Gold. Alan Scott I'll have to see in person. Zatanna looks nice. Tyr I'll pass. Kamandi looks a little old. And I again really want the C&C, shit!

Does the comic purists understand that they're only getting Kamandi is because he showed up in Batman TB&TB? I'm tired of reading comments like "Comic Universe and Cartoon Universe should stay away or restricted to only cartoon toy lines", if that was the case, you wouldn't have Kamandi, or Copperhead, or so many others.

Whatever gets us the figures!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2010, 10:27:08 pm »

Actually the guy who is in charge of DC for Mattel stated Kamandi and vowed that he would be made into a figure . and surprised that it does not state that like Iron gold has moving parts for one would think Mattel now that they made the first of the Mental Men would just reuse the mold and save them money. for it would be cool to have all the Metal men with moving parts. and Ultra Humanite is the only reason i am going to buy Tyre. for i mostly want Gold and Kamandi and Obsidian and Zartana since do not like the other attempts at her in plastic.  As for Alan  only going to buy him for my JSa and to complete ultra. and we now need Jade and a rose and thorn to complete the family since we have Alan and Obsidian now.
Report Spam   Logged
ryanlb
Limited Edition

QC: 30

My life is so much more interesting inside my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 12:43:13 am »

Meh, not best wave ever, but pretty good.  No matter what they do to Kamandi, he's always just going to be a dude in shorts, I don't hate him, but I have no reason to like him either.

Gold, Obsidian and Alan Scott (Boo! Where's Kyle?) look good.  Tyr looks pretty unique too.

Zatanna needs a repaint - white vest and cleavage, the yellow vest looks garish to me.  Boo on that choice (along with Alan Scott).

Ultra-Humanite looks great, really like the face.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 02:47:31 am »

Meh, not best wave ever, but pretty good.  No matter what they do to Kamandi, he's always just going to be a dude in shorts, I don't hate him, but I have no reason to like him either.

He's Kirby!
Report Spam   Logged

chopa
Chase Figure

QC: 34

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2010, 02:06:56 pm »

kamandi was one of the first comics I ever read, so I must own him. I also need to check out the Brave&bold ep he showed up in.
Agree on the yellow vest on zatanna seems odd.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2010, 08:29:51 pm »

kamandi was one of the first comics I ever read, so I must own him. I also need to check out the Brave&bold ep he showed up in.
Agree on the yellow vest on zatanna seems odd.

Yeah, I really prefer the white waistcoat and cleavage version like the DCD Adam Hughes statue.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 07:48:41 pm »

Official Matty photos are now up at Facebook! Here's my thoughts:

http://actionfigureblues.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,1297.msg26906.html#msg26906
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 07:53:06 pm by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
ryanlb
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2010, 10:39:03 am »

Did you mean to link to the blog?  Cause you didn't. Smiley

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/03/dcuc-wave-14-up-close.html
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 03:16:52 pm »

I'm really excited about this Wave. Just some great looking figures....yellow vest and Ross Gellar glowing teeth and all.

Shame it's an ebay exclusive wave. I'll have to rely on folks like Ryan, my new bestest buddy in the whole toy world!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

ryanlb
Limited Edition

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2010, 03:51:55 pm »

Yay! Friends for me!  My only friends are in New Zealand and Australia, because I'll send toys there.
Report Spam   Logged

dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2010, 05:03:19 pm »

Grin

Seriously though, I'm going to have to figure out a way to get rid of Obsidian's teeth. It's a stupid look. Defeats the purpose of the costume.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure