Action Figure Blues Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:44:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Marvel Universe Secret Wars Series Three

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Marvel Universe Secret Wars Series Three  (Read 8032 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: February 14, 2010, 05:32:54 am »

This wave is an interesting mix of the great, the could've been great, and the downright awful.

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/02/marvel-secret-wars-series-3-great-could.html
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 05:34:45 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 03:00:27 pm »

Ok, now I know why Wrecker isn't being done in Secret Wars - he's in Wave 4 of Marvel Universe:

« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 04:41:57 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 08:16:05 pm »

Ok, now I know why Wrecker isn't being done in Secret Wars - he's in Wave 4 of Marvel Universe:

He looks kinda average to me.
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 09:38:59 pm »

most of those packs i only wanted the one character or did not like either one. but seeing Ultron and Hawk eye may have to change my mind plus that Enchnatress is interesing. and yes wrecker is in wave four straight from Hasbro themselves. along with a Marvel universe Thanos.
Report Spam   Logged
chopa
Chase Figure

QC: 34

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 09:21:14 am »

If these 2-packs were cheaper I prolly woulda been all over them (also better paint).
Shame too as I love me some secret wars.
Report Spam   Logged
demoncat4
Chase Figure

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 09:33:29 pm »

i would buy the two packs if i did not already have some of the characters who are in them like the iron man one with spider woman for only want spider woman. and the spider man magnetoe one do not need. the same with claw . most of the packs i only want the one figure. though that ultron one coming may get along with the one with Enchantress for those packs i found are a good way to fill in the mu gaps. quicker. since they are the same size. besides the wave after the last of the secret wars one contains dark phoenix. my number one want for mu. other wise passed on the packs though may change my mind next time i go toy shopping
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:42:24 pm »

i would buy the two packs if i did not already have some of the characters who are in them like the iron man one with spider woman for only want spider woman. and the spider man magnetoe one do not need. the same with claw . most of the packs i only want the one figure. though that ultron one coming may get along with the one with Enchantress for those packs i found are a good way to fill in the mu gaps. quicker. since they are the same size. besides the wave after the last of the secret wars one contains dark phoenix. my number one want for mu. other wise passed on the packs though may change my mind next time i go toy shopping

We've made mention of what our local stores are like but I think that was before your time here on AFB.
Do you find much variety at your nearby stores?
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 12:43:09 am »

yes i do find Variety for i have the luxury of Wal mart and target and Toys are us.  so i have a good choice. of finding stuff. or if i do not have time to go to one of those places then its the Shopko and Lewis drugs in the town where i live which i try to avoid except for the star wars figures . or the Gijoe stuff.but i do get plenty of choices . plus  friends who will pick up stuff for me. that or i will go on line and order stuff also.  so i have choices. its just finding the time to hunt since the Walmart and target and tru are fifty miles from where i live.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 04:53:39 am »

yes i do find Variety for i have the luxury of Wal mart and target and Toys are us.  so i have a good choice. of finding stuff. or if i do not have time to go to one of those places then its the Shopko and Lewis drugs in the town where i live which i try to avoid except for the star wars figures . or the Gijoe stuff.but i do get plenty of choices . plus  friends who will pick up stuff for me. that or i will go on line and order stuff also.  so i have choices. its just finding the time to hunt since the Walmart and target and tru are fifty miles from where i live.

Gosh! That's a bit of travel. I'd wanna make sure it was worth it. But then I'm a pessimist because our shops rarely get anything new.
Report Spam   Logged

prowl26
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 03:31:18 pm »

I am in England so distribution here really sucks, Tesco only carries Spider-Man as far as Marvel is concerned. Toy's R Us has skipped from XMO to Iron Man 2 and The Entertainer only got smattering's of the Animated Wolverine and the X men figures between XMO and isn't even listing Iron Man 2 yet. So really the only game is Forbidden Planet but that means a trip to London.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 04:02:07 pm »

I am in England so distribution here really sucks, Tesco only carries Spider-Man as far as Marvel is concerned. Toy's R Us has skipped from XMO to Iron Man 2 and The Entertainer only got smattering's of the Animated Wolverine and the X men figures between XMO and isn't even listing Iron Man 2 yet. So really the only game is Forbidden Planet but that means a trip to London.

I get all my MU stuff from Mike - you should check it out!
Report Spam   Logged

chopa
Chase Figure

QC: 34

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 09:42:09 pm »

Gotta say the new Iron Man 2 toys look phenomenal. Just saw some in person and yea its like 15 Iron man variants but they are almost all incredibly solid figures and look better than most MU.
Also iron mand on a iron man colored quad is a deluxe, which is awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
guest66
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 10:43:14 pm »

Gotta say the new Iron Man 2 toys look phenomenal. Just saw some in person and yea its like 15 Iron man variants but they are almost all incredibly solid figures and look better than most MU.
Also iron mand on a iron man colored quad is a deluxe, which is awesome.

I'm hanging out to rush to the local stores and see if these are in yet (they weren't out on the weekend, and I've been checking for the last couple weeks in case anyone put them out early). Without seeing them in person I am in no way committed to the line, and am waiting for the Marvel Select IM2 figures to be released.

I am totally hopefully though.
Report Spam   Logged
MikeS
Limited Edition

QC: 110

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 01:49:48 am »

I'll agree and say I've opened up a few cases, and the Iron Man 2 3 3/4" figures look pretty sweet.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2010, 04:50:55 am »

I'll be adding some of the cool looking 6" Iron Man figures to my Marvel Legends Iron Man armory. But if anyone sees the "Guardsman" figure I'd love a heads up as I would like a few of them.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure