Action Figure Blues Forum
April 18, 2024, 07:47:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Oh Good Golly Gosh

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oh Good Golly Gosh  (Read 2034 times)
demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2010, 01:01:06 am »

i actully like spider girl . for she shows that spider man can still age and function with kids since Marvel will never let spider man and mary Jane in the regular time line have spider girl for real. as for the cable statue other then the feet nice look. a nice piece. plus the mold can be reused for Stryfe down the road if Bowden wants to or if they did not already destroy the mold .also surprise cable is not packing heat.
Report Spam   Logged
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2010, 02:14:07 am »

Well now you done it Andy,new addiction happening.I can sympathise,got caught up myself collecting a new line beofre i realised what i'd done.Be strong big guy!

Very nice btw,i can't pick on him cause i know bugger all about him but he looks mean and got lotsa big-ass weapons and that's cool in my book!
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2010, 02:28:06 am »

Very nice btw,i can't pick on him cause i know bugger all about him but he looks mean and got lotsa big-ass weapons and that's cool in my book!

Your gap in Marvel knowledge concerns me FB....Tyroc and I are gonna have to give you a 20 year summary sometime!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 02:46:20 am »

You know what?And this is being totally honest here.There's never been any characters in Marvel that have really held my attention and made me want to follow them,don't ask me why cause i can't explain it.

I have bought some Marvel Trades recently and Tyroc's helping me continue the collection if that helps my standing at all?
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2010, 02:52:59 am »

Funny thing is, and I'll expound on this more in my blog post which I'll be working on tonight, while I love the X-Men, I've never been a hige Cable fan, but when I saw this in person I just couldn't get it out of my head. It really is a fabulous piece.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 05:45:02 am »

You know what?And this is being totally honest here.There's never been any characters in Marvel that have really held my attention and made me want to follow them,don't ask me why cause i can't explain it.

I have bought some Marvel Trades recently and Tyroc's helping me continue the collection if that helps my standing at all?

Hrmmm.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 05:52:22 am »

It's progress aint it?
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 06:00:40 am »

It's progress aint it?

Of course it is! Ignore the churlish pantsless one.  Smiley

What trades are you reading?
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 06:30:08 am »

It's progress aint it?

Obviously not New Mutants
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 06:39:15 am »

It's progress aint it?

Obviously not New Mutants

Yum.  Roll Eyes

Actually Vol 5 of New Mutants in TPB came out this week and it's a long way back from Cable coming on the scene. Dunno if that's been reprinted separately or not.
Report Spam   Logged

demoncat4
Chase Figure

QC: 6

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 01:00:53 am »

think the first issue that featured cable was reprinted in a trade of cables appearance but other wise do not recall  the new mutants storyline that lead up to cable arriving on the scene being reprinted yet. besides it would then be reprinted under xforce when the new mutants switched to that title with Cable making the new mutants his own mutant strike force.and also do not think there is one of those essicial volumes of that story yet printed either. 
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 04:20:46 am »

think the first issue that featured cable was reprinted in a trade of cables appearance but other wise do not recall  the new mutants storyline that lead up to cable arriving on the scene being reprinted yet. besides it would then be reprinted under xforce when the new mutants switched to that title with Cable making the new mutants his own mutant strike force.and also do not think there is one of those essicial volumes of that story yet printed either. 

Hm. I've read it, and I'm trying to recall if it was in trade, or if I own the issues. Think think think.....
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 05:16:58 am »

Hm. I've read it, and I'm trying to recall if it was in trade, or if I own the issues. Think think think.....

May have been a second print. The original has Cable on a red background. The 2nd print has a gold background.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2010, 05:58:54 am »

Aha - it has been collected:

Cable Classic:
Volume 1 (collects New Mutants #87, Cable: Blood and Metal and Cable (1993) #1-4, 248 pages, Marvel Comics, March 2008, ISBN 0-7851-3123-X)
Volume 2 (collects Cable (1993) #5-14, 240 pages, Marvel Comics, August 2009, ISBN 0-7851-3744-0)

As for his first appearance - I'm pretty sure I own this:

Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 06:24:03 am »

I've put my review together. Check it out here:

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/03/crossing-collecting-boundary-via-cable.html
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 06:28:13 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure