Action Figure Blues Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:18:58 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Iron Man 2 3 3/4" Comic Series

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Iron Man 2 3 3/4" Comic Series  (Read 1594 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: March 25, 2010, 06:36:45 am »

I've got my review for the IM2 figures I found last weekend up - and they keep growing on me every day!

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/03/these-tiny-little-metal-dudes-make-me.html
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest66
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 06:44:36 am »

I passed on the movie ones and stuck to the comic series. More because I have enough modern looking IM figures in that scale (thanks MU).
Report Spam   Logged
ryanlb
Limited Edition

QC: 30

My life is so much more interesting inside my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 10:33:38 am »

I bought a couple comic figures, well, I bought a bunch of the figures, all the IM Armor variants, but then I learned there was going to be a 6 inch line at Walmart, so I'm returning everything except the two I already opened (Crimson Dynamo and Comic War Machine), to await the glorious day when I find new 6" Marvel Legends. Or close enough to anyway.

They're really great looking figures for this scale though.
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 06:30:43 pm »

......await the glorious day when I find new 6" Marvel Legends. Or close enough to anyway.

Does anyone know what's in the 6" line yet?
Report Spam   Logged

ryanlb
Limited Edition

QC: 30

My life is so much more interesting inside my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 06:34:40 am »

There's War Machine, Mark V and Mark VI in the single carded figs (at Walmart)

http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro/6_Inch_Iron_Man_2&dispsize=600&start=0

And there's a three pack as well (at TRU)
http://www.comicfigs.net/News/images/N85_590.jpg
Report Spam   Logged

prowl26
Mint on Card

QC: 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 07:21:20 am »

I've got the Hypervelocity concept armor so far, and am looking to get the War Machine (movie and comic) soon, as well as Crimson Dynamo. After that I will be looking for Hulkbuster and a proper movie version of Iron Man and Titanium Man will rely on either a good review or in hand decision making.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 04:54:33 pm »

There's War Machine, Mark V and Mark VI in the single carded figs (at Walmart)
http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=Hasbro/6_Inch_Iron_Man_2&dispsize=600&start=0
And there's a three pack as well (at TRU)
http://www.comicfigs.net/News/images/N85_590.jpg

Cool! Thanks for that Ryan (have a point!). Not quite the Guardsman or Crimson Dynamo I was hoping for.

I've got the Hypervelocity concept armor so far, and am looking to get the War Machine (movie and comic) soon, as well as Crimson Dynamo. After that I will be looking for Hulkbuster and a proper movie version of Iron Man and Titanium Man will rely on either a good review or in hand decision making.

Makes you wonder if he's flying over the Sahara in his desert armour then needs to head to the Arctic, does he need to go home and change first?
Report Spam   Logged

chopa
Chase Figure

QC: 34

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 05:22:10 pm »

I finally caved and snagged Warmachine (comic). He is quite awesome, though his joint have this odd sort of ratcheted feel (they have only a handful of positions that feel natural), and his should pads actually annoy me more than I figured they would, but damn I wish MU were at the same price point as this. Will be going back for more (The black widow in wave 2 should be outstanding with a decent paint job).
Report Spam   Logged
prowl26
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 03:10:48 pm »

Yeah, his armors are so specialized that it does make one wonder, would his Hypervelocity armor not function in the arctic? Also I picked up Comic War Machine, sadly while he looks incredible his articulation is ridiculously hindered by the gorgeous sculpt, as well as Crimson Dynamo who is incredible.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 05:24:58 am »

Feedback seems to be largely positive for this line. Here's to Crapsbro getting something right. Now don't blow it and drop the ball on subsequent stuff.
Report Spam   Logged

prowl26
Mint on Card

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 02:38:45 pm »

I would definitely say that overall I am satisfied with the toy line so far. I have three figures from Iron Man 2 so far; Crimson Dynamo who is awesome and nearly perfect in my opinion, Hypervelocity looks great but has some slightly limited articulation due to design. I am actually a little disappointed with War Machine though, he is gorgeous but not only does the design severely hinder the pose-ability but the joints on WM are quite stiff with an oddly ratcheted shoulder.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure