Action Figure Blues Forum
March 19, 2024, 01:54:20 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Sideshow Comiquettes - added Daredevil

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Sideshow Comiquettes - added Daredevil  (Read 2939 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2010, 07:41:47 am »

I've recently started collecting some Sideshow Comiquettes, but the story behind how I acquired the Scarlet Witch Comiquette is definitely worth a read, and the statue is most definitely worth looking at!

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/09/afb-is-bewitched.html

Read, look and enjoy!

Andy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:02:08 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 04:41:44 pm »

Hughes is the man! Great score Andy. i love this series.

.....hang on, when she was unveiled at last year's SDCC, didn't you say she looked like a hooker? You brought a hooker into your home!?!?!
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 05:56:37 am »

You go Andy!
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
guest66
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 08:57:40 am »

Hughes is the man! Great score Andy. i love this series.

.....hang on, when she was unveiled at last year's SDCC, didn't you say she looked like a hooker? You brought a hooker into your home!?!?!

That's not the dream of most married men?
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 06:50:50 am »

The next instalment in the Sideshow Comiquette series, Psylocke, is now mine, and she's my favourite of all the recent Psylocke statues out there!

Check it all out at:

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/02/pick-of-crop-sideshow-psylocke.html

Enjoy!

Andy
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 06:54:45 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 08:40:39 pm »

Just beautiful! I realise this isn't the "ninja stealth weapon" that we kinda expect for Psylocke, but I'm giving Sideshow full points for not only trying this pose, but actually pulling it off. Great review too Andy.

The only thing that throws me is the sword. It's gigantic. A Japanese sword that big is called an "Odachi" and are extremely uncommon (and if memory serves, illegal in Japan).
Report Spam   Logged

ryanlb
Limited Edition

QC: 30

My life is so much more interesting inside my head

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:46:17 am »

I think this statue looks fantastic, and I wants it.  I am also quite tempted by the Danger Room Psylocke.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 07:29:13 am »

Up until now, my Sideshow Comiquette purchases have strictly been of the female variety. There's no better Marvel male to change that than my favourite fuzzy elf, Nightcrawler!

He's a beauty, and you can check him out at: http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/05/nightcrawler-into-sideshow-comiquette.html

Enjoy!

Andy
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 07:33:35 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 07:50:34 am »

Not 100% sold on the pose but a great figure.Paints are beautifully applied,great score mate!
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 05:50:37 am »

I think Kurt falls into the lose/lose category in that if it was a generic pose people would have complained they could have done something more dynamic, yet if it's dynamic people think it looks odd? I think it's a beauty! Well done Andy!
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 06:03:18 am »

Bowen's Nightcrawler FS captured it quite well, but the pose was supported by a huge brimstone smoke cloud. I think the left knee is raised just a tad too high, but it isn't as awkward looking in person as it is in photos.

Me happy.  Thumbs Up
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2011, 07:08:03 am »

I recently had the opportunity to get early shipping on Sideshow's Exclusive version of their Daredevil Comiquette. Seeing as I got in early, I've put DD at the front of the review queue and I'm taking a look at home tonight. It's a fantastic piece but there is an issue that may be a stopping point for some.

Check it out at: http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2011/05/sideshow-daredevil-comiquette-stands.html

Enjoy!

Andy
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 07:11:41 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2011, 07:36:52 am »

Great piece,i love the hunched,poised for anything pose DD has.The Base really drew my attention straight up,really something special.Gotts say too your photography is getting better and better too mate.Really does the piece justice.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2011, 07:54:08 am »

Great piece,i love the hunched,poised for anything pose DD has.The Base really drew my attention straight up,really something special.Gotts say too your photography is getting better and better too mate.Really does the piece justice.

Thanks FB! The magic of a simple light box - many thanks to FMS for pointing me in the right direction!
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2011, 05:25:03 pm »

That is one of the biggest bases I've ever seen on a statue....but it actually works quite well. The lack of colour makes DD stand out too. Really stunning piece Andy!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure