Action Figure Blues Forum
June 25, 2019, 03:48:55 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: DC Infinite Heroes in Oz!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: DC Infinite Heroes in Oz!  (Read 2435 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 340

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: April 21, 2009, 09:53:15 am »

Actually found some DC Mattel stuff at retail in Aussie - again!!

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2009/04/dc-infinite-heroes-in-oz.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 09:55:21 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 730

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:19:35 pm »

Are you really convinced that anyone will do a BA Black Lighting one day? 'Fro and all?
Report Spam   Logged

Toy Guy
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 02:55:08 am »

Are you really convinced that anyone will do a BA Black Lighting one day? 'Fro and all?

Andy lives in a state of perpetual dreams where Elmo was never born, Australian stores stocked all the cool toys from the US and his mother was Nicole Kidman (or just her ass).
 Kiss

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:13:18 am by TOY GUY » Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 04:00:40 am »

Andy lives in a state of perpetual dreams where Elmo was never born, Australian stores stocked all the cool toys from the US and his mother was Nicole Kidman (or just her ass).
 Kiss

Cheesy

Oh man you are a funny fucker.....and in sooooo much trouble!
Report Spam   Logged

Toy Guy
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 05:22:53 am »

Kiss

Cheesy

Oh man you are a funny fucker.....and in sooooo much trouble!

Yes I am, and, YES I AM!
Report Spam   Logged
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 05:25:03 am »

Cool find and write-up Andy.I'm just not gonna get involved in the above comments at all. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Toy Guy
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 05:27:32 am »

Cool find and write-up Andy.I'm just not gonna get involved in the above comments at all. Grin

Whats that noise ... oh its your lips kissing ass ... and lots of it!
Report Spam   Logged
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 05:31:56 am »

You betcha,i live in fear of our mighty leaders terrible retribution.
Well,that and i really hate Elmo and Nic too.

mmmmm ass,time to pucker up. Grin
Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 06:20:13 am »

I notice that based on where they were located in that particular Toys Rnt Us that they clearly only got the one box (as usual).
But if it's movie stuff, they get millions of them. I was at my local Target and they had literally a hundred of those "zip and go" Hulk figures (y'know, where he's riding the quad bike....remember that scene in the movie?) and they are now A$2.98 each!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Toy Guy
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 06:24:46 am »

I notice that based on where they were located in that particular Toys Rnt Us that they clearly only got the one box (as usual).
But if it's movie stuff, they get millions of them. I was at my local Target and they had literally a hundred of those "zip and go" Hulk figures (y'know, where he's riding the quad bike....remember that scene in the movie?) and they are now A$2.98 each!!!

OH! Better be getting myself about a hundred of them and list them all on evilBay .... I'll be rich.

Toyworld in the city has a refugee boatload of those fugly figures and piles of other movie stock that they are trying to unload ... the bad Speed Racer stuff, the dodgy kids crap.

Report Spam   Logged
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 06:27:21 am »

When i lived in Brissy the lone Toys R Us we had[correct me if i'm wrong TG]was close to my place.
It was exactly the same,squillions of Movie Toys but bugger all of everything else.I gave up even trying there anymore,had much better luck at BigW,Target and K Mart and that's saying something.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 06:30:53 am »

um, yes......

DCD History of the DCU Series 2.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Toy Guy
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 06:34:28 am »

They have a couple of stores still around. One on the north side at the Hypermarket and one on the soutside at Garden City.

At one time they had about three isles full of Action figure toys, etc - but several years ago it was reduced to one aisle of AF's ...

They have the worst taste in toys - Bucket loads of those awful ET anniversary figures. Heaps of Wrestling figs, Star wars upon star wars and occasionally some Mattel stock (but not many) - I did see one time the Orange carded JLU and Superman figs ... but there were only a few.

Lotsa Hulk and Spidey and Bats stuff though.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 06:35:11 am »

Kiss

buzzing.... does anyone else here annoying buzzing getting in the way of genuine toy discussion?  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Toy Guy
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 06:36:56 am »

um, yes......

DCD History of the DCU Series 2.

Aquaman would do better if he had more detail on his shirt ...
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure