Action Figure Blues Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:54:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you following AFB on Twitter? Go here to follow now! http://twitter.com/afblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: We lost Minimates for these???

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: We lost Minimates for these???  (Read 1536 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:58:59 am »

AFB rants about Cosbabys, Uniformz, and BLAMMOIDS, that's right, BLAMMOIDS, people!

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2009/06/we-lost-minimates-for-these.html
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 07:01:03 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

dchero66
Pegwarmer

QC: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 09:08:30 am »

I agree - these are awful. I realize this is the trend now, but that doesn't mean every trend should be followed. Remember men's jumpsuits in the 70's? Exactly. I wasn't a huge minimates fan either, but at least they had enough appeal for me to purchase a few I liked and I could see their appeal to others. Uniformz, Cosababies and Blammoids are wastes of plastic. Maybe if DCD was on the ball with all of their other product lines, I could justify them expanding their horizons, buy why waste their time with lines that from what I can see not many people want, and that they won't finish because they won't sell. Their time is better spent improving their execution of the female 13" figures, which still need a lot of work. They also should spend their time keeping track of fan requests and make things we actually want (I've yet to see a Mera figure). Additionally, they've seemed to have greatly reduced their standard 6" line, leaving the majority of that to Mattel. They should focus their efforts on their 6" line improving character selections rather than endless versions of McGuinness characters or Batman.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 07:32:55 pm »

This is exactly the point I was trying to make - I wouldn't care if DCD put this stuff out if they also stuck to things, but it's hard to swallow new lines that seem unlikely to be given any more life than something like Pocket Heroes or Minimates.

And by the way dchero, you're talkin' my language with that Mera figure! Great to have you here - we're welcoming you at http://actionfigureblues.smfforfree.com/index.php/topic,519.msg9291.html#new so stop in and say hi!

Andy.
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Toy Guy
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 04:16:56 am »

Its funny cause DCD also released that Anime styled series of Super Female characters and instead of branching out they are starting to rehash the figures!

Are there only 6 female characters in the whole DCU?Huh??

Still waiting for them to finish a line of something .... ANYTHING! The closest to date would have to be the DC Women of the DCU Busts ... Series one released a lot of characters, series two has only duplicated Wonder Woman and are releasing more like MERA .... Which would seem to be the only consistently series of anything they have released in forever.

And now they waste precious plastic on these ridiculous figures to capitalise on the whole Mighty Muggz band wagon.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 05:49:12 am »

Yes, DCD has to be given credit for the Women of the DCU line. I'm still cranky at them for canceling Silver Banshee, but they'be covered a wide range and they're doing Mera which is pretty impressive. But that seems to be the line against the rule. Most lines start out strong and then either die or go nowhere. The 1:6 scale line is hovering at the moment and really needs some strong signs of fulfilling its promise. The New Gods series easily could have done another wave as could New Frontier, etc.

It's pretty crushing to see properties with so much promise abused and misused soooo consistently.
Report Spam   Logged

Toy Guy
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 05:55:18 am »

For me thats one reason I was thrilled with the DCUC figures ... they seem to be powering ahead with diverse character selection.

Not to mention that with every successive wave they are getting better and better.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 06:17:41 pm »

I don't care what lines the companies bring out and how many variations of Batman you can do under different licenses....if only the 6" Marvel legends line would continue in parallel. I'd never complain about not getting my wish list of characters in DCD 13" if I just had Shang-Chi as a Marvel Legends figure. I'm just gonna have to make the remaining figures I want myself.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure