Action Figure Blues Forum
March 18, 2024, 10:40:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: Custom Mr America and Stripesy by Lars

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: Custom Mr America and Stripesy by Lars  (Read 1574 times)
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« on: July 09, 2009, 08:57:35 am »

These arrived today and are amazing. Pics up at Facebook now and a post coming:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=64134&id=42281071218&saved

Here's the pair:

Amazing, eh? Details to come!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 06:49:24 am »

I've gotta give props not just because they look awesome but white is the single hardest colour to work with.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 11:30:58 pm »

And my pic hardly does it justice. There's a light blue wash in there which really makes him pop.

Review coming. I got hijacked to IKEA yesterday. Fun shopping, now the pain of assembling bunk beds et al comes......
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2009, 11:49:14 pm »

And my pic hardly does it justice. There's a light blue wash in there which really makes him pop.

Review coming. I got hijacked to IKEA yesterday. Fun shopping, now the pain of assembling bunk beds et al comes......

Just remember what happened to FB upon disassembling....careful of the feet  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 06:42:40 am »

Just remember what happened to FB upon disassembling....careful of the feet  Tongue

Smart advice there FMS,although the Bed in question was not Ikea rather some cheap imitation so it fell apart a lot easier than i imagine a Ikea one would.Still,play it safe Andy.It's hard to swear and curse whole-heratedly with kids about.

I gotta say those are 2 lovely figs,i'm trying to anticipate what DCD will and won't do in this Ross JSA line and i reckon Mr America's going to be a missed character.I have that Bruce Wayne head i think i'll hold onto it in anticipation of copying Lars' recipe.

Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 08:31:19 am »

Post is up. Come bask in the custom glory......

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2009/07/more-jsa-magic-from-golden-to-modern.html
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure