Action Figure Blues Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:55:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SDCC'09 DC stuff ogling happens right here!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SDCC'09 DC stuff ogling happens right here!  (Read 4539 times)
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2009, 07:21:05 am »

Alrighty,with SDCC about to kick off we need somewhere to post all the cool DC related links to all that Plasticy goodness that'll be popping up everywhere.And if you're like me you never know where half of the best ones are.

So as you find something post it right here for us all to appreciate. Grin
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 04:13:24 am by FB » Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:43:27 pm »

History of the DCU Wave 4 has been revealed. Still no female figures:

Captain Atom (Ditko costume), Martian Manhunter, Kobra (wow!!) and Superman as Nightwing.

Atom looks brilliant and so does Kobra. Nightwing's a waste of space for me, although alot of people will be happy with it I'm sure. FB will be happy with J'onn methinks - classic costume.

..and in something that I am sure is going to shit alot of people - DCD is finally delivering a Reverse Flash, and it's in the McG style body. You can just see him behind other figures here:

Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 10:30:59 pm »

AFI has a better pic of Reverse Flash. He doesn't look so bad from that angle:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=4081

Is this going to get to messy in one thread? Should we have one for each of the major companies, or are people happy to throw it all in together?
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 02:39:26 am »

Well,got a bit messy but it's sorted.

Now that's done all i can possibly say is whether i commit to HOTDCU or not"THAT J'ONN WILL BE MINE!!!!!"

What a classic look,i'm excited already!Thanks Andy
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 02:54:28 am »

Thanks FB!
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 05:30:35 am »

I'm really not sure that i can resist this line,what a great lineup they're developing.They look so good here:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15307

I think the whole no females solicited thing is started to become irrelevant to me,much to my chagrin.I notice too there's no Superman displayed there,maybe they're re-working that horrible headsculpt he had.
I think i'll have a look when i get to the US and see them in person and make up my mind then.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 06:34:08 am »

DCD 13" Poison Ivy. When I first saw this I thought it had to be a Tonner horror story. Looks dreadful.

Report Spam   Logged

fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 06:39:18 am »

DCD 13" Poison Ivy. When I first saw this I thought it had to be a Tonner horror story. Looks dreadful.

Wow! That really is quite horrid isn't it? THe Catwoman ain't much to look at either. Oh well, more money for other stuff I guess.
Report Spam   Logged

dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2009, 06:47:31 am »

That Captain Atom is just a must have. I was recently thinking about a custom job for him, but this looks great. J'onn looks pretty good, but I don't know if I need him... Really interesting head sculpt though. I'm still not convinced about the series as a whole. I was waiting for the first photos of wave 1 to hit this week, and it just wasn't enough for me to get into. The flocked Creeper does less for me than I was hoping. At this stage, I'm thinking only Black Lightning from wave 2, with Aquaman and Flash maybes.
Report Spam   Logged
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 06:51:47 am »

I'm picking up my Wave 1 tomorrow and will be doing a pic-orama. It's all in the body sculpt, because despite the lack of a female character yet the selection is pretty amazing.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 06:56:54 am »

J'onn was drawn in the earlier years with a much more"naturally"human shaped head so i'm thrilled to bits with this fig.The closest i ever thought i'd get to that look was the New Frontier MM.
I'm quite surprised DCD has just laid everything out there,thought they might hold some things back for a day or so like some of the other Companies do.Or maybe they are,time will tell.
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 06:59:41 am »

The HOTDCU J'onn appeals to me for the same reason. We have enough "giant brow" versions, this is more classic SA. Definitely a must.
Report Spam   Logged

bigraj
Advisor
Space Monkey in a Bag

QC: 192

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2009, 07:01:53 am »

I wonder how tall that J'onn will be.  If there's not a taller, buffer male buck in the works for DCUC, their eventual version of Martian Manhunter will be too small.  This HOTDCU figure might be THE version to have for me.
Report Spam   Logged

I drink, and I know things.

PSN Gamertag:  bigraj70501
dozymuppet
Administrator
Unreleased Prototype

QC: 161

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2009, 07:17:41 am »

Something we haven't may be mentioned: Chris Reeves Superman. FUCKING. WOW. That's a gather-all-the-neighbours-and-just-stare-at-the-thing-admiringly-for-hours type of piece.  
Report Spam   Logged
JackKnight
Advisor
Online Exclusive

QC: 136

Your Friendly Neighborhood Sumbitch.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2009, 07:19:36 am »

Kobra is the big wow for me. Never thought I'd see him. And guess I don't have to make Captain Atom after all.  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Trend is the Death of the Individual

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure