Action Figure Blues Forum
March 18, 2024, 10:01:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a fan of AFB on Facebook? If not, sign up here: http://www.facebook.com/actionfigureblues

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Store Classifieds Downloads Gallery Staff List Calendar Login Register  

AFB TALKBACK: MOTUC: added Roboto, Grizzlor, Buzz-Off & Vikor!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AFB TALKBACK: MOTUC: added Roboto, Grizzlor, Buzz-Off & Vikor!  (Read 10865 times)
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 733

Base of Operations: Canberra, Australia

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2010, 04:52:24 pm »

It's interesting that with all the talk of "Wonder Bread He-Man" (eg, people remember owning him, etc) there doesn't seem to be many (any?) people who remember actually filling out the mail away coupon, etc?
Report Spam   Logged

Tallestblue
Mint on Card

QC: 25

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2010, 10:06:38 pm »

I've missed out on every MOTUC. I am going to have to fork out so much money.
Thank the lord for an Understanding partner. Eeesh.
Report Spam   Logged
BlackWolf2009
I'll huff and Puff and steal all your toys on ebay!
Chase Figure

QC: 21

I been around toys way to long

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2010, 06:56:49 am »

Ok I remember 1982/83 when Evil-Lyn hit the toy stores in Perth WEst Australia, it was like and electric shock to have Evil-Lyn and Teela its like some one one had brought a coffee into a other wise dull world of action figures at the time and I remember everyone wanting to own them.

I got the 2002 re-released He-Man while it still held some of it past charm it lacked the issue of what made it a good figure in the 1980s, that was you could drop your Evil- Lyn and not have to worry about bits falling off, this is I feel a market mistake away from the 1980S line and it reflected in the poor sales, not to mention the he-man org being controled by a mattel puppet and cartoon with out a talking tiger seemed to insure it sank with out a trace.

Ok we flash forward to 2009/2010 and we have this 3rd wave series evil-Lyn and Teela, yes back to some basics in design and yes you can pull Teela's head of and place another on top. Sadly this time for adult sale only. If you are to buy Evil-Lyn and Teela these are a yes factor in my book.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:32:21 am by BlackWolf2009 » Report Spam   Logged

I never gone near the 3 little pigs. Its all rummor and lies!
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2010, 09:46:38 pm »

Ok we flash forward to 2009/2010 and we have this 3rd wave serier evil-Lyn and Teela, yes back to some basics in design and yes you can pull Teela's head of and place another on top. Sadly this time for adult sale only. If you are to buy Evil-Lyn and Teela these are a yes factor in my book. 

Yep, though it certainly seems the issues with the current MOTU line are in obtaining them, rather than the quality.
Report Spam   Logged

Tallestblue
Mint on Card

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2010, 09:25:10 pm »

Yeah, it looks like I'm going to have sell a kidney to get them.
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2010, 07:09:59 am »

It's when you agree to trade the second one that you should seek assistance from a professional
Report Spam   Logged

Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

QC: 342

Base of Operations: Melbourne, Australia

The artist formerly known as "Andy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2010, 07:15:32 am »

It's when you agree to trade the second one that you should seek assistance from a professional

BEFORE you actually trade. That's the really important bit!!
Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2010, 07:23:56 am »

Dang, I am behind with these things! Trust me, it's not from lack of interest - just a hectic life and too many things to review.

Here's Count Marzo and Whiplash to help me work toward getting up to date:

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/10/something-old-and-something-new-from.html
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:27:01 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

"Tuna is never a surprise, it's always like someone took a dump on your plate." - Westy

"Nice one guys. This thread was about me.....and my sublime port.....and you made it about Andy's shitty arse in less than half a dozen posts." - fishmilkshake
Tallestblue
Mint on Card

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 04:18:33 am »

well, at least you have them. I'm still trying to get my first one. (She-Ra)
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 05:04:02 am »

Cool review Andy. I really like both these guys.....Whiplash in particular.
Report Spam   Logged

FB
JLU Hal Jordan

QC: 149

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 05:47:32 am »

Good,fun figures and so many now.I was never aware MOTU had so many characters in it.
Report Spam   Logged

"They have yet to build a Political Correction Facility that can hold me!"
Scotty
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2010, 08:03:25 am »

I'm adding reviews and pics for Chief Carnivus and Mega-Monkey Gygor tonight - worth a look - very happy with Gygor in particular!

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2010/11/and-your-little-monkey-too.html
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 08:08:36 am by Andy » Report Spam   Logged

super-dupertoybox
Variant

QC: 10

Play With TOYS and Have FUN With Your Life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2010, 09:06:48 am »

Ok we flash forward to 2009/2010 and we have this 3rd wave serier evil-Lyn and Teela, yes back to some basics in design and yes you can pull Teela's head of and place another on top. Sadly this time for adult sale only. If you are to buy Evil-Lyn and Teela these are a yes factor in my book. 

Yep, though it certainly seems the issues with the current MOTU line are in obtaining them, rather than the quality.
I'm somewhat surprised at the resurgance of the MOTU line,all new figures, people going crazy over 'em... I was sorry to see on my last trip back home that my mother had let every kid that came near the house play with them... wondered where the hell half of 'em went  Huh?  Real sad folks...  Cry
Report Spam   Logged
fishmilkshake
Pants optional
Administrator
SDCC Anti-Monitor

AFB Podcast's Ben

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2010, 02:52:17 pm »

Gygor is just a stunning piece. I just love this figure. With the A$ doing so well these figures are even better value. Great stuff Andy!

.....and for the record, the armour that covers the shin is a "greave" and armour that cover the forearm is called a "vambrace". Don't say you don't learn nuthin'

... I was sorry to see on my last trip back home that my mother had let every kid that came near the house play with them... wondered where the hell half of 'em went  Huh?  Real sad folks...  Cry

AIEEEEEE!!
Report Spam   Logged

Tallestblue
Mint on Card

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2010, 07:54:43 pm »

And writing She-Ra fan-fiction I found out that Horse Armour is referred to as "Barding." Specifically Swift Wind wears a "Peytrall" and a "Shaffron".
And I love how Gygor Looks. I've just started my MOTUC collection after getting a few figures of Ebay (He-Man, Skeletor, Man-at-arms, Beast Man, Evil-Lyn and Teela, and for about $250, which I think is resonable as that includes $70 shipping) But I'm not sure If I'll be buying Gygor anytime soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AFB Scum and Villainy custom comp

Visit the AFB Blog!

Starman's Toys I Grew Up With

Back to the Comics Podcast

General-Marvel Collectibles

Entertainment Earth

Batgirl DC Comics Premium Format(TM) Figure